Bendigo’s Prince of Wales Showgrounds which opened in 1968 on an 18 hectare site in Holmes Road is one of Regional Victoria’s largest showgrounds.
At five acres in size and with a one kilometre fence line perimeter it also proudly boasts the largest showgrounds arena to be found in the state including Melbourne.
Each year the showgrounds caters to more than half a million people and is one of Bendigo’s most utilised facilities hosting 49 community Sunday markets each year that attract some 10,000 people each week and other major events such as the Australian Sheep and Wool Show, Bendigo National Swap Meet and the ground’s premier event the Bendigo Agricultural Show.
The showgrounds is also home to some 15 local clubs and organisations who meet monthly and the Bendigo Steam and Oil Preservation Group Museum.
For more information about facilities at The Prince of Wales Showgrounds please contact us.
At 18 hectares the Prince of Wales Showgrounds is one of Regional Victoria’s largest showgrounds.
- A five hectare arena with a surrounding track suitable for numerous types of events.
- An exercise sand arena
- 16 pavilions comprising:
- 2 large multi purpose exhibition pavilions
- 4 smaller pavilions
- 1 multi purpose meeting room
- 1 flower pavilion
- 1 dining hall
- 1 auditorium
- 5 livestock pavilions
- 1 poultry pavilion
- 230 horse stables
- A show area offering outdoor trade space areas with powered sites.
- 2.3 hectares of parking adjacent to showgrounds site in Holmes Road
- Four individual entrances
- Good access to public transport.
Bendigo's new multi-million dollar Exhibition Centre is the largest clear-span facility of its kind in regional Australia. The Centre is located less that 3kms from the CBD at the Prince of Wales Showgrounds, Holmes Road, Bendigo.
- 5000sqm clear-span exhibition space suitable for large-scale events, exhibitions, tradeshows, conferences or conventions offering unlimited scope for creativity in planning your event.
- 435sqm multipurpose flexible space with raised viewing window offering views of the main exhibition space, ideal for entertaining, product launches and seminars.
- 270sqm entrance foyer suitable for event registrations, ticketing, sponsor recognition, signage and displays.
- Food preparation area for catering.
- Unlimited parking options.
Regional Australia’s Largest Clear-Span Exhibition Space.
Further information on the Bendigo Exhibition Centre can be obtained by contacting the Bendigo Agricultural Show Society on 03 5444 4646 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.